New in 2021, LatticeGear has a line of Carbide Cutters. These hand tools have 5” long handle and a tungsten carbide cutting wheel for creating an accurate and clean pre-cleave scribe on wafers, especially Glass or Silicon. For some material combinations, these cutters will create less damage and particle contamination than pointed tip diamond scribers. The line consists of 4 cutters and a kit:
- Standard Carbide Cutter (TC-ND-STDH) for general purpose scribes (amber handle, green label)
- Carbide Cutter – Laser (TC-ND-Laser) non-slip for hard and soft glass (clear handle, red label)
- Carbide Cutter – Laser UltraThin (TC-ND-Laser-UT) non-slip for thin, hard samples (clear handle, blue label)
- Deep Cut Carbide Cutter (TC-ND-D) for off-axis silicon (amber handle, orange label)
- Carbide Cutter Cleaving Kit (CC-Kit-100) includes the standard cutter, the two laser style cutters, two sizes of CleanBreak™ pliers, an L-shaped ruler, and a mat.
For additional information, see our Carbide Cutter Guide.